The wind of a great Mexican popular festival is blowing in the Claude Lévi-Strauss Theatre! The warm and festive ambiance of the Mexican fandango, a blend of music, dance, poetry and song, takes to the stage and transforms into a dance between performers and spectators.
About the performance
Heirs to the tradition of elders keen to hand an art down to new generations, the eight artists assembled by the outstanding singer, bassist and violinist Joel Cruz Castellanos recreate the warm, festive ambiance of the Mexican fandango on stage. A community festival held on village squares, the fandango brings together music, dance, poetry and singing around the tarima, a wooden platform on which couples practice the zapateado. Indissociable from the fandango is the jarocho sound, a musical style born in the south of the state of Veracruz (Sotavento), marked by a mix of Spanish, African and indigenous music, and performed brilliantly by these fandangueros, key figures in transmitting tradition.
Performance followed by a fandango dance in the theatre hall.
In partnership with the Maison des Cultures du Monde, as part of the 23rd Festival de l'Imaginaire
- Categorie : Events
- Joel Cruz Castellanos: vocals, leona, violin
- Carolina Cruz Castellanos: vocals, jarana, zapateado
- Rodrigo Oliveros Valentin: vocals, requinto, zapateado
- Erendira Abril Blanco Vargas: vocals, jarana, zapateado
- Arcadio Baxin: vocals, jarana, zapateado
- Sirani Guevara Gonzales: vocals, jarana, zapateado
- Fredy Naranjos Vega: vocals, jarana, zapateado
- -: pandero, güiro, quijada, zapateado
- Duration: 00:45
- Place: Théâtre Claude Lévi-Strauss
The Friday 15 November 2019 from 20:00 to 20:45
The Saturday 16 November 2019 from 18:00 to 18:45
The Sunday 17 November 2019 from 17:00 to 17:45
- Handicap moteur
- Public: All publics
Events ticketFull price: 20,00 €Reduce rate: 15,00 €
Click here to see all rates