Learn at the museum
Awareness tours for intermediaries
Get to know the museum
These training sessions will enable you to get to know the museum, its collections and its exhibitions and to meet your contact person. Different themes are offered to you to help you to familiarize yourself with the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac before coming with your group.
This is the first stage of your training. On this occasion, meet your contact person, obtain all the information you need for your group tour and discover the permanent collections with a lecturer (works from Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas).
- Wednesday, December 2, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Thursday, January 14, 2016 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Themed guided tour
Tour the permanent collections and discover works from the four continents in the light of a transversal theme.
- Thursday, November 26, from 02:30 pm to 04:00 pm: Initiation rites. Within the Main collections level, discover the rites of passage practiced in the cultures of the four continents. How does one become an adult? How does one join secret societies?
Deepen your first approach to the collections by touring the works of one continent in particular.
Temporary exhibition tour
Discover different temporary exhibitions offered every year at the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac.
- Tuesday, November 17, from 10:00 am to 11:30 am: Sepik, arts de Papouasie-Nouvelle-Guinée [Sepik, Arts of Papua New Guinea].
- Wednesday, December 9, from 02:30 pm to 04:00 pm: Sepik, arts de Papouasie-Nouvelle-Guinée [Sepik, Arts of Papua New Guinea ]
- More about the exhibition
- Reservation required at +33 (0)1 56 61 71 72 (reservation service available from Monday to Friday, 09.30 am to 5.00 pm)
- Rate: Free
- Requirement: Be a volunteer or a professional in a social organization and have a plan to visit the museum with a group sometime during the year
- A maximum of three seats per organization can be reserved.
As seats are limited, don’t hesitate to let your contact person know in case you can’t participate.
Request for information
Lucie AERTS, contact for the social field
relais[at]quaibranly.fr - 01 56 61 53 50