Friends of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac
Founded in 2002 by Mr. Louis Schweitzer, chaired by Mr. Lionel Zinsou from 2014 and then by Mrs. Françoise de Panafieu since 2018, the Friends of the Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac supports the development and influence of the museum in France and abroad. It has chosen to focus on three types of action : the restoration of works, the enrichment of collections and support for research.
The Friends of the Musée du quai Branly-Jacques Chiracs’ mission developed with the creation of two circles of donors : the Lévi-Strauss Circle in 2009, then the Circle for Photography in 2015.
Throughout the year, the Friends take part in the life of their museum in a privileged way : priority access to the collections, private visits, conferences, meetings with curators and collectors, trips in France and abroad, behind the scenes discovery of the museum, biennial gala dinner, sending a specially designed newsletter dedicated to them, etc.
- priority and permanent access to collections and exhibitions
- private tour of the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions
- exclusive preview of the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions
- trips in France and abroad
- meetings with curators and collectors
- privileged access to the museum spaces, restoration workshop, research room, cabinet of precious funds
Find out more about the Friends society of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac.