Loan requests and deposit of works
How to prepare a loan or deposit request?
The Musée du quai Branly holds 285,000 objects which can be browsed according to an infinite number of themes. To help you in your research, all these works may be consulted on the institution website.
You may come and present your project to the Director of the Heritage Department and Collections, Anne-Solène Rolland, in order to facilitate your application and before making any official loan request.
how to formulate a loan or deposit request?
Loan requests must be submitted to the Musée du quai Branly at least 9 months before the opening of the exhibition. Each request will be carefully studied according to the following criteria:
- Scientific relevance of the exhibition.
- State of conservation of the requested work, its fragility and whether it can travel or be exhibited.
- The security, conservation and reception conditions offered by the requesting institution.
- The quality and legal status of the borrowing institution and the training of its personnel.
- The status of the work and any possible restrictive loan conditions (deposit from another institution, donation with conditions, etc.).
- The availability of the work (work in permanent exhibition, work committed to another exhibition project, etc.).