The musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac launches the call for applications for the second edition of its new program: the Sound Art Residency.
Sound Art Residency Call for applications 2023
The Sound Art Residency is open exclusively to artists who come from one of the four continents represented in the collections of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac: Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas. There is no age limit to apply.
The jury will give precedence to pieces conceived in connection with the museum’s collections, interests and theme.
The winning project will be chosen in the spring of 2023 by a jury that will bring together various personalities from the world of sound and audiovisual creation. The museum will pay the winning artist an endowment of €8,000 and will also finance the production of the sound work, which will be presented to the public and may become part of the museum's collections.
- Applications must be received by: Sunday 19 February 2023.
- 13 April 2023: Selection of the laureate after an interview
- May 2023 - February 2024: Research, creation, production with work session at the museum in Paris and Le Fresnoy in Tourcoing
- Mid-March 2024: End of the residency and public presentation of the piece
- Download the Call for applications and its appendices (ZIP - 1.4 MB).
Contact and information
Pictures: © Julien Brachhammer